Live opera stream in audio and video (fwd)

Rick Sacks - Percussionist rixax at VEX.NET
Thu Aug 12 15:41:05 EDT 1999

Forwarded announcement from Banff

Rick Sacks
proprietor of Rik's Cafe Canadian at:
http://www.vex.net/rikscafe

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 1999 21:33:04 -0600
From: Mark Morris <libretto at ccinet.ab.ca>
Subject: Live opera stream in audio and video

Live stream of new opera in audio and video

The production of the new KidsOpera, The Raven King, at the Banff Festival
of the Arts is being streamed live in audio and video on the Internet this
coming week.

This is one of the first times an opera has been streamed live in audio and
video from a theatre, let alone a new opera. The production includes the
celebrated British tenor John Mitchinson, as well as 80 children. CBC, who
are recording the production, have kindly shared their recording setup for
this stream, and the video is being produced by technicians from The Banff
Centre.

We want to reach as many people who might be interested in logging on to
this as possible, and we would be very grateful if you could forward this
message to all your contacts, as we think this method might be the best way
of spreading the word.

We are doing a 'test' stream of the Friday night performance on this Friday,
August 13, starting at 6:45 pm Mountain Time (8:45 pm Eastern Time).

Our main stream is then on Sunday afternoon, of the matinee, live, August
15, starting at 1:45 pm Mountain Time (3:45 Eastern Time).

To log on to the stream, go to the KidsOp website:

www.kidsop.com

Mark Morris
Artistic Director
KidsOp