Encyclopedia News; August 22

Gaetan Charlebois blajeune at TOTAL.NET
Sun Aug 22 00:47:44 EDT 1999

Hello All

I am begging anyone who reads this to let me know, as soon as possible, when
you spot bugs in the system (small ones like typos and grammar and big ones
like whole pages missing and you getting the Canoe generic). I ran into one
recently that was very bad - a calendar month that began on the wrong date.
This sounds silly (and it was easily corrected) but it is potentially
catastrophic (imagine inscribing a month's worth of theatre dates all on the
wrong days...).

BTW, re: calendar -  90+ productions registered so far from 30+ companies.
Still nothing from Saskatchewan and participation from BC is nothing to
dance in the streets about. As regions go, though, I've got to commend the
Atlantic Provinces. Jeepz, they really know how to use free resources.

I have removed the "Boos" from the "Bravos and Boos" section because a) some
of the comments are no longer germane and give a skewed vision of the
project (which some of the press seems to hone in on) and b) because some of
the people cited no longer agree with their own initial reactions (and have
written me to tell me so).

Meanwhile, don't forget Heavenly Voices for your regional news, job postings
or audition calls. (http://www.canadiantheatre.com/heavenlyvoices.html)

And announce your show!
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/calendar/calendarguidlines.html) If you want
to see what a typical region's and month's line-up can look like go to
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/calendar/atse99.html)

New Profiles:
Giroux, Germaine (Actor) (http://www.canadiantheatre.com/g/girouxg.html)
Giroux, Antoinette (Actor) (http://www.canadiantheatre.com/g/girouxa.html)
Thiessen, Vern (Playwright)
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/t/thiessenv.html)
Geordie Productions (Company)
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/g/geordieproductions.html)

Updates:
Thea-Tricks; Bravos; Reviews (we now have the Montreal, Ottawa and Edmonton
Fringes nicely covered, thank you); Heavenly Voices; Calendar Home/and 15
productions added; Sources; Theatre du Nouveau Monde; Roux, JL; Gascon, J.;
Hoffman, G.; Duceppe, J.; Benskin, T.; Pelletier, D.; Barry, F.; "Les
Belles-soeurs"; Moliere; Alberta; Theatre New Brunswick; Great Canadian
Theatre Company;  Children's Theatre; Bolam, E.; Lyne, S.; Lue Shue, A.;
Theatre Le Clou; Jolin, C.; Gingras, R.; Mouawad, W.; Chevrier, M.; Baker,
B.; Theatre Network; Massing, C.; Stickland, E.; "Transit of Venus";
Northern Light Theatre

Gaetan L. Charlebois (Editor, The Encyclopedia of Canadian Theatre on the
WWW) http://www.canadiantheatre.com or
http://cantheatre.canoe.ca
If you want to join the Encyclopedia's mailing list (and get information
before anyone else as well as the Monday Hint for the Thea-Tricks Doozey),
simply send an e-mail to blajeune at total.net with the subject heading
"Mailing list"; if you wish to be removed from this mailing list, simply