Modern Drama

Ric Knowles rknowles at UOGUELPH.CA
Sat Dec 4 13:40:37 EST 1999

Dear CANDRAMA subscribers,

This is a short note to let you know that the editorship and some of the
editorial policies of Modern Drama have recently changed, and to invite
submissions from subscribers to CANDRAMA.

As of July 1st, the Executive and Editorial Board of the journal appointed
me to succeed David Blostein as editor at the end of his five-year term.
I am very pleased to say that we have since then assembled a newly
international group of co-editors, Jeffrey Heath, Joanne Tompkins, and
W.B. Worthen. In consultation with the existing executive and board we are
in the process of renewing the editorial board itself, together with the
procedures and mandate of the journal. For now, this means that Modern
Drama will be shifting to MLA stle (fifth edition), and will be accepting
submissions "not normally to exceed 9000 words." We will be looking to
receive submissions, not only on British, European, and American drama,
the journal's traditional areas of greatest strength, but also on less
traditional or canonical dramatic practice in these and other
locations--including, of course, Canada.

Submissions are welcome at any time, and should be sent, in hard copy, on
diskette, or by email attachment, either to the Modern Drama Editorial
Office, University of Toronto, 301 Nortrhop Frye Hall, 73 Queen's Park
Crescent, Toronto, ON M5S 1K7 <moddrama at chass.utoronto.ca>; or directly to
me, at Drama--Massey Hall, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON, N1G 2W1
<rknowles at uoguelph.ca>

Thanks,

Ric Knowles, Editor
Modern Drama