Encyclopedia News; December 4

Gaetan Charlebois blajeune at TOTAL.NET
Sun Dec 5 19:15:57 EST 1999

Hello All

The calendar is operating great guns and, I suspect, is why the traffic is
on an upswing for the entire site. You'll remember that we asked those
listed in the calendar to include a thank-you to canadiantheatre.com in
their programs. I believe some of them are doing it though I have no proof
(if you do, please send me a copy of the program). Citadel and Neptune are
recent additions to the calendar. Meanwhile...not a peep out of that
province located at the centre of the nation...

Surfing around on my new cable system this week and came upon Bravo! and
what do I find but a video production of Joan MacLeod's "Amigo's Blue
Guitar" taped at Theatre Calgary. As it turns out, every Wednesday afternoon
(4 pm, EST) Bravo broadcasts its Stage on Screen series. Here's what else is
coming in December:
Farther West (John Murrell) - Grand Theatre, London - December 8
La Maison Suspendue (Michel Tremblay) - Canadian Stage/Theatre Francais de
Toronto - December 15
Letter From Wingfield Farm (Dan Needles) - December 22
Local Talent (Colleen Curran) - Blyth Festival - December 29

One little piece of advice: if you have nit updated your antivirus software
recently, it is probably a good idea to do so asap as the experts expect
considerably increased activity, in the next month, by those evil people who
create  computer viruses (viri?).

Don't forget Heavenly Voices for your regional news, job postings or
audition calls. (http://www.canadiantheatre.com/heavenlyvoices.html)

Announce your show!
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/calendar/calendarguidlines.html) If you want
to see what a typical region's and month's line-up can look like go to
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/calendar/atoc99.html)

Register your link too!
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/links/linksguidelines.html)

New Profiles:
"Crabdance" (Play, Beverley Simons)
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/c/crabdance.html)
LePage, Sue (Designer) (http://www.canadiantheatre.com/l/lepages.html)

Updates:
Calendar (3 productions added); Sources (List of Interviews added); Reviews
(6 reviews added); Thea-Tricks; Links; Visitors' Reading List; Heavenly
Voices; Fraser, B.; "Poor Super Man"; Childrens' Theatre; Girard, R.;
Sandler, A.; Chouinard, N.; Bouchard, D.; Theatre le Carrousel; McKellar,
D.; Shamas, S.; Second City; Laxdal, V.; One Yellow Rabbit; Spry, L.; Jones,
C.; Jones, A.; MacIvor, D.; Maraden, M.; Stickland, E.; Gaboriau, L.;
Frechette, C.; Boucher, S.; Reinhardt, A.; Dumont, M.; Danis, L.; Tremblay,
G.; Cyr, R.; "Motel Helene"; Place des Arts; Simons, B.; Designing; Dora
Mavor Moore Award; Feminist Theatre; Black, M.; Scarfe, A.; Dainard, N.;
Phipps, J.; Hyland, F.; Vancouver Playhouse; British Columbia; Northern
Theatre

Gaetan L. Charlebois (Editor, The Encyclopedia of Canadian Theatre on the
WWW) http://www.canadiantheatre.com or
http://cantheatre.canoe.ca
If you want to join the Encyclopedia's mailing list (and get information
before anyone else as well as the Monday Hint for the Thea-Tricks Doozey),
simply send an e-mail to blajeune at total.net with the subject heading
"Mailing list"; if you wish to be removed from this mailing list, simply