Encyclopedia News-Jan 26 Hello All

Gaetan Charlebois blajeune at TOTAL.NET
Tue Jan 26 19:14:41 EST 1999

Hello All

Well, took out a massive loan this week and bought a new computer. Now
although this should mean that you should be getting a lot of new
information on the site, it doesn't...at least not this week, as the damn
computer I'm working with is so complicated to start up you could weep.

Meanwhile, though, traffic exploded, especially after a very nice article
in Saturday's Ottawa Citizen (on Saturday, traffic went up 150%...power of
the press...yikes). I launched a challenge (in the article) that if anyone
found something wrong/missing they just had to bring it to my attention;
people took this very seriously and over the next two days I received over
200 e-mails suggesting things. (Mind, I also received a goodly amount of
mail asking me to send them the brochure for my upcoming season...don't
know why.)

In the Reviews section, we now have people covering Ottawa, Montreal and
Halifax with an arrangement underway for Edmonton. No news from Vancouver
etc.

Heavenly voices is picking up, especially since the Citizen article, so the
Encyclopedia is turning into a nice little hive of activity, less and less
of which is generated by me alone.

Please feel free to contact me about the following things: possible funding
for the site; if you might be interested in reviewing shows for the
encyclopedia (no remuneration but - oh! - such prestige...this would be
followed by one of those smiley/winky icons if I were given to such
things); regional news; nominations/corrections (guidelines for both are on
the site).

I thank you all for your continued input and am very, very proud of all of
us. Vive le theatre libre...

New profiles:
"The Melville Boys" (Play, Norm Foster)
Williams, Bill (Lighting designer)
"New Canadian Kid" (Play, Dennis Foon)

Updates:
Reviews; Heavenly Voices; Taylor, D.H.; Scarfe, A.; Atienza, E.; Carver,
B.; Bedford, B.; Carlson, L.; Christie, D.; Rain, D.; Reid, F.; Williamson,
S.; Rubes, J.; Reynolds, L.; Sorgini, L.; Cook, M.; Bravos and Boos;
Ouzounian, R.; Slade, B.; "Same Time, Next Year"; Gauvreau, C.; Maxwell,
R.; Bey, S.; National Arts Centre; Foster, N.; Theatre New Brunswick;
Coulter, C.; Children's Theatre; Food, D.

Cheers.

Gaetan L. Charlebois (Editor, Encyclopedia of Canadian Theatre on the WWW)
http://www.canadiantheatre.com