Reguest info on Canadian drama/dramatists

Geraldo Ferreira de Lima gdelim at PO-BOX.MCGILL.CA
Wed Mar 3 08:17:19 EST 1999

Hi, Bill

As a foreigner PhD student of Canadian Drama maybe I am not the most appropriate person to help you. If only I knew what you bear in mind by "Canadian Drama", i. e., what theme you intend to approach, etc...

Anyway a rich resource I myself have found (besides libraries, bookstores, newspapers/magazines and groups & playwrigwhts, of course!)  is "The Canadian Encyclopedia of Theatre" that you can easily access on line. Here is its Site:

http://www.geocities.com/~cantheatre/

Good luck,

Geraldo Ferreira de Lima
McGil University
Montreal

----- Original Message -----
  From: Bill Lewis
  To: CANDRAMA at hermes.csd.unb.ca
  Sent: March 2, 1999 10:45 PM
  Subject: Reguest info on Canadian drama/dramatists

  Hi:  My name is Bill Lewis and I really, really, really need some assistance.  I am studying modern drama at The University of Western Ontario, at London.  I am in research stage of an essay -- topic...Canadian Drama.  I have to study 2 plays each by a different playwright.  Plays must be written by Canadian dramatists.  Anyway, I'm having an awful time finding ANYTHING on Cdn drama.  I know it matured much later than British, American, etc. drama, yet surely there must be a resource somewhere.  Can anyone there simply point me in the right direction.  I'm quite frustrated.  Thanks in advance to anyway who has any knowledge of Cdn drama, willing to pass it on.
  Sincerely, Bill Lewis