Tamahnous Theatre's first publication

Joyce Chorney jmcsq at MORTIMER.COM
Wed Mar 3 13:35:53 EST 1999

Dear Association for Canadian Theatre Research,

Richard Plant suggested that I send you some information about a new
publication from Tamahnous Theatre. Tamahnous has been producing
experimental plays for over 25 years. After losing our funding from Canada
Council, we decided to publish theatrical materials. Our first publication
is a play by Jeremy Long entitled The Final Performance of Vaslav Nijinsky.
We choose this play because it epitomizes Tamahnous Theatre's style during
the seventies more than any other play, it put the theatre company on the
Canadian map and it is a piece of writing that still speaks to the artists
situation today. The play is accompanied by an article written by Stephen
E. Miller, an original Tamahnousian, about the times, the theatre company
and the evolution of the play. Jerry Wasserman said that it was great to
get the the context and West Coast historical documentation, not to mention
the 14 pictures we included.

I have sent review copies to Quill & Quire, Books in Canada, Theatre
Research in Canada, Canadian Literature, Canadian Theatre Review, and
CANPLAY. Richard Plant suggested you might be able to post this to your
subscribers. I would gladly provide you any information you require and
have sent a small attachment to this message.

Thanks,

Joyce Chorney
Board Member
Tamahnous Theatre