Evil Lists

Eric Woolfe ewoolfe at CMRRA.CA
Wed May 5 12:17:24 EDT 1999

It doesn't matter if the list is definitive, it hardly even matters if it's
remotely accurate. Only a fool would believe such a feat is even possible.

What matters is that the vast majority of people in this country could not NAME
ten Canadian plays if their lives depended on it!

 We academics and actors and theatre lovers can argue all we want about what is
included and is not included. In fact we should! But we should also contribute
to the list of titles. The worst thing that can happen is some one, who doesn't
even know there is such a thing as a Canadian play, will have his or her
interest sparked.

As long as she or he is pointed towards ten good plays, does it really matter if
they are The Best or only pretend to be?

-Eric Woolfe