<no subject>

Gaetan Charlebois blajeune at TOTAL.NET
Sun May 9 17:38:39 EDT 1999

Hello All

Oh! the humanity. The battlefield of the Ten Best controversy is littered
with wounded egos, bon mots, raging passions, moral outrage, intellectual
facility and a lot - A LOT! - of good thinking and smart opinions expressed
honestly. For this reason I am going to change things (and you will not hear
that from me very often). It is now called "canadiantheatre.com Visitors
Choose Their Ten Favourite Canadian Plays." Now, if there is something
offensive in that, please discuss it amongst yourselves after I have left
the room and present the consensus in petition form to my assistant.  Now
fergadsakes vote -  show you care.
http://www.canadiantheatre.com/tenfavourites.html

I am looking for highschool teachers to consult toward the creation of a
Teachers' Guide on the site, please contact me if you'd like to help. And if
any of you have suggestions about how this should be done, let me know.

Also, don't forget to use Heavenly Voices
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/heavenlyvoices.html)
for your regional news. And Thea-Tricks still offers a prize every week.
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/theatricks.html).

New Features:
I have created a Masthead now that I have assembled an advisory board.
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/masthead.html). It lists all the people who
have contributed information, etc. The board consists of five kind and wise
people:
L. W. Conolly (Historian; Writer; Editor; Professor, Trent University,
Peterborough, Ontario)
Joel Greenberg (Director;  Chair, Drama Department, University of Waterloo,
Waterloo, Ontario)
Frank Moher (Playwright, Gabriola Island, British Columbia)
Anne F. Nothof (Editor; Professor, Athabasca University, Edmonton, Alberta)
Alvina Ruprecht (Reviewer, CBC Radio; Professor, Carleton University,
Ottawa, Ontario)

New Profiles:
Daniel Brooks (Writer/director/actor/producer)
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/b/brooksd.html)
Troupe du Jour (Company, Saksatchewan)
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/t/troupedujour.html)

Updates:
Thea-Tricks; Reviews; Heavenly Voices; Sources; Ten Favourites; Carver, B.;
Short, M.; Verdecchia, G.; Chan, M.; Theatre Network; Alberta; Feore, C.;
Walker, G.; Highway, T.; "Dry Lips Oughta Move to Kapuskasing"; Gass, K.;
Lemoine, S.; MacIvor, D.; Wright Family (John); "Possible Worlds"; McKellar,
D.; French Language Theatre Outside Quebec; Saskatchewan

Have a good week.

Gaetan L. Charlebois (Editor, The Encyclopedia of Canadian Theatre on the
WWW) http://www.canadiantheatre.com or
http://cantheatre.canoe.ca
If you want to join the Encyclopedia's mailing list (and get information
before anyone else as well as the Monday Hint for the Thea-Tricks Doozey),
simply send an e-mail to blajeune at total.net with the subject heading
"Mailing list"