<no subject>

Gaetan Charlebois blajeune at TOTAL.NET
Sun May 2 18:21:33 EDT 1999

Hello All

Page views, which is the counting system Canoes uses to judge a site's
success, have gone up from 4000 to 5500 in a single week. So I guess the
word is getting out. It also helps that the encyclopedia is linked to from
two or three sections within Canoe, which is itself an extremely popular
site.

Now, many, many of you have promised to send information about yourselves or
companies/individuals you know. I am waiting. The summer will slow down a
bit (especially since the National Theatre School library is closed for
computerization) so I have time to get to all the information. Send!

Meanwhile, don't forget to use Heavenly Voices to announce your regional
news.

Also, please report any bugs you might find with the new site, however
slight you might think they are.

Anyone who wishes to improve a profile, whether it be with a reading list or
corrections, please do. You will be listed as a contributor to the profile.
I am also looking for a sort of board of advisors from various parts of the
country. If you'd like to help (I'd be sending you questions from time to
time), drop me a line. There is no remuneration for any of this, but you
will be listed in a masthead which will be created in the next few weeks.

Finally, I am thinking of changing the media library so that the video and
audio clips would be streaming rather than downloadable (ie:
realaudio/video); do any of you have profound objections to this?

As you can see, I did a ton of work this week but it was to get used to the
new system of directories and subdirectories Canoe uses. (Rather like
plunging into the deep end of the techno-pool.) There will be very few weeks
in the next months, what with festival season upon us, in which I will be
able to put in as much work. (How do you like that syntax!) So enjoy.

New Feature:
"canadiantheatre.com Visitors Choose the Ten Best Canadian Plays" Votes are
coming in and we plan to make noise when the results are tallied in June.
It's time theatre got some attention (beyond being jammed into a massive
list of "Canadian Classics"). IF YOU HAVEN'T TAKEN THE TIME TO VOTE, PLEASE
DO.

New Profiles:
Lemoine, Stewart (Playwright, director, producer)
Chan, Marty (Playwright)
Nielsen, Leslie (Actor)
Soulpepper Theatre Company (Company, Ontario)
Boucher, Serge (Playwright)
Theatre Le Carrousel (Young people's company, Quebec)
Frechette, Carole (Playwright)

Updates:
Reviews; Thea-Tricks; Heavenly Voices; Ten Best; Warda, M.; Tremblay, L.;
Micone, M.; Marchessault, J.;  Legault, L.; Gurik, R.; Germain, J.; Faucher,
M.; Dubois, R.; Danis, D.; Cyr, R.; Chaurette, N.; Beausoleil, G.;
Archambault, F.; Belke, D.; Theatre Network; Fringe Movement; Carver, B.;
Phillips, R.; Guinand, L.; Dykstra, T.; Leblanc, D.; Young, D.; Northern
Light Theatre; Pollock, S.; Lane, W.; Tepperman, S.; Gaboriau, L.; Legault,
A.; Carley, D.; Saidye Bronfman Theatre; Wasserman, B.; Glassco, B.;
Winnipeg Jewish Theatre; Shields, C.; Theatre Francais de Toronto; Theatre
Le Clou; Archambault, F.; Theatre Parminou; Vincent, J.; Turgeon, M.;
Stickland, E.; Rainville, F.; Motel Helene; Thompson, J.; Theatre de la
Crique; Guerin, M.; Papineau, F.; PaP; Guilbault, E.; Lebeau, S.; Young
People's Theatre; Governor General's Awards; Murrell, J.; Turgeon, S.

Cheers.

Gaetan L. Charlebois (Editor, The Encyclopedia of Canadian Theatre on the
WWW) http://www.canadiantheatre.com or
http://cantheatre.canoe.ca
If you want to join the Encyclopedia's mailing list (and get information
before anyone else as well as the Monday Hint for the Thea-Tricks Doozey),
simply send an e-mail to charlebois at voir.ca with the subject heading
"Mailing list"