Encyclopedia News, May 30

Gaetan Charlebois blajeune at TOTAL.NET
Sun May 30 17:14:59 EDT 1999

Hello All

Made an assault on the mountain of work that's been piling up, as I am now
between festivals (des Ameriques and Fringe and Just for Laughs). There are
some interesting changes and additions this week, notably to sections which
have been lying fallow (ie: Media Library). Give them a look.

Once again, many of you have promised me information about yourselves or
loved ones and haven't sent it on. The summer is a great time for me to
catch up on work so please send me your info before you rush off to the
beach.

Also, don't forget to use Heavenly Voices for your regional news. You can
flack your Fringe production there, if you like (but read the new
guidelines...). (http://www.canadiantheatre.com/heavenlyvoices.html)

And if you haven't told us about your Favourite Canadian Plays yet, please
do. (http://www.canadiantheatre.com/tenfavourites.html)

Finally, please have a look at the first draft of the Teachers' Guide and if
you have any suggestions (especially in the area of activities) let me know.
You can only reach the guide through this direct link.
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/teachersguide.html). I am also trying to
create a good e-mailing list of teachers across the country; if you have
anyone who might like to be added to the list, please send their e-mail
addresses along.

New Features:
I  have made the Media Library considerably more efficient
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/media.html). I have also added a sound file
to the others: "What does joual sound like?" You need RealMediaPlayer to
enjoy the clips which you can download free of charge. (http://www.real.com)

New Profiles:
Regent Theatre (Picton, Ontario)
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/r/regenttheatre.html)
Cox, Susan (Artistic Director, Director, Actor)
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/c/coxs.html)
Epp, Richard (Playwright)
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/e/eppr.html)
Gault, Connie (Playwright)
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/g/gaultc.html)
"Felix Poutre" (Play, Louis Frechette)
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/f/felixpoutre.html)

Updates:
How to Nominate; Sources; Heavenly Voices; Thea-Tricks; Reviews; Masthead;
Teachers' Guide; Ten Favourites; "Odd Jobs"; Theatre Francais de Toronto;
Shaw Festival; Nightwood Theatre; Ontario; Vancouver Playhouse;
Saskatchewan; Theatre Network; English Language Theatre in Quebec;
Haentjens, B.; Frechette, L.H.;  Mouawad, W.; Soulpepper Theatre Company;
Schultz, A.; Carver, B.; Blyth Festival; Chislett, A.; "Inexpressible
Island"; Blake, M.;  Belfry Theatre; Stickland, E.; Foon, D.; Berryman, D.;
Provost, Guy (Actor); Bernard, P.; Labreche, M.; Burkett, R.; Hill, H.;
Royal Alexandra Theatre; Morgan, R.; "2 Pianos, 4 Hands"; Filiatrault, D.;
Beaulieu, Michel (designer); Christodoulou, S.; Tova, T.; Joual

Gaetan L. Charlebois (Editor, The Encyclopedia of Canadian Theatre on the
WWW) http://www.canadiantheatre.com or
http://cantheatre.canoe.ca
If you want to join the Encyclopedia's mailing list (and get information
before anyone else as well as the Monday Hint for the Thea-Tricks Doozey),
simply send an e-mail to blajeune at total.net with the subject heading
"Mailing list"