Encyclopedia News; April 7

Gaetan Charlebois blajeune at TOTAL.NET
Thu Apr 6 23:39:31 EDT 2000

Hello All

Things are going fairly swimmingly but I'd like to use all of you as spies,
for a bit. When companies register their shows in The National Theatre
Calendar and Registry (NATHCARE) we ASK them to simply put a thank-you to us
in their program's thank-you section - just our address. They don't have to
pay us a dime. Now, although we suspect some are doing it, we don't know; so
we're asking you, the next time you're at the theatre, to check this out in
your program for us and to let us know what you find or do not find. It's
crucial as the calendar represents a lot of work and we want to know if the
companies are doing their small effort to reciprocate or if, in the future,
we will have to make it a requisite for inclusion in the calendar. Here's
the list of companies - in no particular order - which have used The
National Theatre Calendar and Registry (NATHCARE):

Necessary Angel (ON), Ship's Company (NS), Moriah Productions (QC), Theatre
New Brunswick, Mulgrave Road Theatre (NS), Theatre Passe Muraille (ON),
Shakespeare by the Sea (NS), Shakespeare by the Sea (NF), Upstart Crow
Theatre Group (ON), Teesri Duniya (QC), Shakespeare in the Rough (ON),
Williams Lake Studio Theatre (BC), Piggery Theatre (QC), Neptune Theatre
(NS), Theatre Junction (AL), Ensemble Sauvage Public (QC), Georgian Theatre
Festival (ON), Black Theatre Workshop (QC), Manitoba Fringe, Theatre One
(BC), Eastern Front Theatre (NS), National Arts Centre (ON), Saidye Bronfman
Centre Theatre (QC), Bluewater Musical Productions (ON), Walterdale
Playhouse (AL), Yiddish Theatre (QC), Mermaid Theatre (NS), I Spy A Theatre
Company (QC), Cercle Moliere (MA), McGill University (QC), Showboat Festival
Theatre (ON), Factory Theatre (ON), Fringe Theatre Adventures (AL), East
Side Players (ON), Rumble Productions (BC), One Yellow Rabbit (AL), Theatre
Francais de Toronto (ON), First Light Productions (NF), Winnipeg Jewish
Theatre (MA),  Purple Theatre Company (ON), Comedy Arts Society of Edmonton
(AL), Toronto Fringe (ON), National Arts Centre (ON), Theatre Orangeville
(ON), Thousand Islands Playhouse (ON), Stage Door Theatre (ON), Tarragon
Theatre (ON), Theatre and Company (ON), Theatre Kingston (ON), Short Pencil
Productions (MA), Vancouver Playhouse (BC), Vangarde Theatre (QC), Northern
Light Theatre (AL), Pressed For Time Theatre (ON), Pelican Players (ON),
Neptune Theatre (NS), Liverpool International Theatre Festival (NS), Théâtre
Deuxième Réalité (QC), Island Repertory Company (BC), National Theatre
School (QC), Repercussion Theatre (QC), Citadel Theatre (AL), You and Me
Entertainment Co. (BC), World Stage Festival (ON), Q Art Theatre (QC), The
November Company (QC), Theatre in Exile (AL), Stark Raving Mad Productions
(ON), Tandem Theatre Productions (NS), East Side Players (ON), Take a Bow
Productions (ON), Odyssey Theatre (ON), Kimberley Summer Theatre (BC),
University of Toronto, Infinitheatre (QC)

Moreover, if you spot a program with the thank you, we'd sure as heck like
to have a copy of it if you are feeling kindly enough to send it. (4296
Brebeuf, Montreal, Qc, H2J 3K7)

New Profiles:
Peacock, David (Administrator)
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/p/peacockd.hmtl)
Guillaume Lord (Designer) (http://www.canadiantheatre.com/l/lordg.html)

Updates:
Links; Calendar (2 Productions added); Reviews (5 added); Heavenly Voices;
Thea-Tricks; Peacock, L.; Designing; Hamilton, B.; Hannah, D.; Harron, D.;
Hausmann, A.; Hausvater, A.; Hayes, E.; McMurtry, M.; Kennedy, L.; Hebert,
P.; Hendry, T.; Herbert, J.; "Hier, les enfants dansaient"; Hirsch, J.;
Hollingsworth, Margaret; Hollingsworth, Michael; "Homeward Bound";
"Hosanna"; Hughes, H.; Hyndman, J.; Lepage, S.; Reineke, G.; Rainville, F.;
Guerin, M.; Lafontaine, R.; Reinhardt, A.; Provost, Guy; Theatre du Trident;
Imago; Ivey, D.; Les Jeunes Messieurs Canadiens; John, T.; Julien, P.;
Sears, D.; Negin, L.; Copithorne, M.; Martini, C.; Pengilly, G.; Atlantic
Theatre Festival; Tager, A.; Hidalgo, C.; Dinning, JC; Laberge, M.;
Ondaatje, M.; Frechette, C.; Ships Company Theatre

If you would like a copy of the entire list of profiles, I can send it to
you by e-mail. Also if, for teaching etc., you'd like all the Thea-Tricks
questions and answers since the beginning, that's available too.  (Both at
no charge like all services provided by canadiantheatre.com.)

Don't forget Heavenly Voices for your regional news, job postings or
audition calls. (http://www.canadiantheatre.com/heavenlyvoices.html)

Announce your show!
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/calendar/calendarguidelines.html) If you
want to see what a typical region's and month's line-up can look like go to
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/calendar/atoc99.html)

Register your link too!
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/links/linksguidelines.html)

Gaetan L. Charlebois (Editor, The Encyclopedia of Canadian Theatre on the
WWW) http://www.canadiantheatre.com If you want to join the Encyclopedia's
mailing list (and get information before anyone else as well as the Monday
Hint for the Thea-Tricks Doozey), simply send an e-mail to
blajeune at total.net with the subject heading "Mailing list"; if you wish to
be removed from this mailing list, simply reply to this e-mail with the
subject heading: "Remove"