Congress of the Social Sciences and Humanities (Days 4-5) (fwd)

Sherrill Grace Sherrill.E.Grace at UBC.CA
Thu Jun 8 13:06:29 EDT 2000

Richard--I am truly 'down' about these damn CRCs--and I don't get 'down'
easily.  We'll have to fight like hell to have theatre on the agenda--or
any of the fine and performing.  OR failing that, we'll really HAVE to
position ourselves to get a share of the funding that is 'released' as they
say by other people getting the CRCs.  I have started in my small way by
getting the fine and performing words into the minds of SSHRC and will
attempt to do this, as well,at this Federation/SSHRC October Workshop.  I
worry about the fragmentation of theatre studies across departments across
the country and hope we can communicate with each other for a cooncerted
effort.  Can ACTR do something?
Sherrill