Encyclopedia News; May 5

Gaetan Charlebois blajeune at TOTAL.NET
Fri May 5 00:08:30 EDT 2000

Hello All

The @#$%?& technical problems persisted and it turns out that my host server
was moving the same week that my upload server had been sold to some
gigantic behemoth that was promising all sorts of new services (while they
blithely screwed up the ones I actually use). Nothing like your e-mail being
botched so some lonely adolescent can play hockey online or download naughty
bits just that much faster! This accounts for Heavenly Voices, Thea-Tricks
and all the other recently-dated material being out of date. It also accound
for why you will not see updates or new profiles. My apologies, but there is
nothing I can do about this. Things should be solved shortly (though this
has gone on more than any technical glitches we've had since the site went
up...).

That's if the "I Love You" virus doesn't further screw up the situation.
This is not a joke, people. Because I am on various mailing lists, I have
received the virus three times (from people who did not even know they had
sent it to me). For the love of Mike, if you see "I Love You" in the subject
heading of an e-mail and there is an attachment, delete the e-mail
immediately. Symantec is offering a fix for the virus, should you have been
infected, on their web site.

Some people have asked me why, when I have a photo of a profilee right under
the profilee's name, I put the profilee's name under the photo again. When
blind people use the internet, they use a gizmo that reads the text but when
it hits a photo the gizmo merely informs them it is an image (unless a
description of the photo is included in the photo's coding). So, as much as
possible, it is important that at least the whys and wherefores of images on
a web page be explained in a caption which the computer will read as part of
the text.

New Profiles:
Crombie, Jonathan (Actor) (http://www.canadiantheatre.com/c/crombiej.html)
Fassbender, Chris (Actor)
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/f/fassbenderc.html)

Updates:
Thea-tricks; Reviews (7 added); Heavenly Voices (seasons); Masthead;
Youtheatre; Stratford; Youththeatre; Tremblay, M.; MacDonald, AM; Hutt, W.;
Cercle Moliere; Frehner, H.; "Fortune and Men's Eyes"; Herbert, J.; Lepage,
R.; Wetherall, J.; Wanless, G.; Watson, W.; Spoken Word; Waxman, A.; "White
Biting Dog"; William, D.; Designing; Williams, B.; Women Making Scenes;
Wood, F.; Wood, J.; Woolf, H.; Williamson, S.; Theatre Royal; Theatre sans
fil; Theriault, Y.; Theatre de la Feniere; Therien, A.; "Thirteen Hands";
Quebec; Troupe Comedienne; Censorship; Tremblay, C.; Tondino, G.; Thousand
Islands Playhouse

If you would like a copy of the entire list of profiles, I can send it to
you by e-mail. Also if, for teaching etc., you'd like all the Thea-Tricks
questions and answers since the beginning, that's available too.  (Both at
no charge like all services provided by canadiantheatre.com.)

Don't forget Heavenly Voices for your regional news, job postings or
audition calls. (http://www.canadiantheatre.com/heavenlyvoices.html)

Announce your show!
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/calendar/calendarguidelines.html) If you
want to see what a typical region's and month's line-up can look like go to
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/calendar/atoc99.html)

Register your link too!
(http://www.canadiantheatre.com/links/linksguidelines.html)

Gaetan L. Charlebois (Editor, The Encyclopedia of Canadian Theatre on the
WWW) http://www.canadiantheatre.com If you want to join the Encyclopedia's
mailing list (and get information before anyone else as well as the Monday
Hint for the Thea-Tricks Doozey), simply send an e-mail to
blajeune at total.net with the subject heading "Mailing list"; if you wish to
be removed from this mailing list, simply reply to this e-mail with the
subject heading: "Remove"