The innocous ingratiating innocent insolently insinuated

Howard Beye beanboy at DIRECT.CA
Thu Oct 19 10:30:51 EDT 2000

Hello all,
    I completed a BFA (Dramatic Arts) in april 1999 at the University of Lethbridge and am currently living in Cranbrook British Columbia where you will find a hotbed of theatrical activity (Not). I recently resubscribed to the CanDrama Listserv and was surprised to find a distinct lack of discussional activity. As recently as a couple of days ago there was a posting from a man with a link to a website outlining his complaint with the British Columbia Forest Service. I am beginning to wonder if it is true that Theatre is dead in Canada.
       As to my own activities. I put on a production of Pinter's Betrayal Last spring and this year am working with another man on a one man show, adapting the first chapter of Gustav Hasford's book Shortimers. The Chapter and hence the show is entitled Spirit of the Bayonet. Some of you may know that Shortimers formed the basis for Stanley Kubrick's movie Full Metal Jacket. The next project after that is getting ready for a Fringe Theatre Tour across Canada. I would be interested to hear any and all stories about touring theatre in Canada.
Take care my brother and sister Thespians
Howard Beye