The Beye Inquiry

Raymond Louter oedipus at REDEEMER.ON.CA
Thu Oct 19 12:16:52 EDT 2000

Howard,

I think that what you will find on this list is that there are bursts of
activity from time to time. I think this is because many of us are so
busy teaching, producing and performing that we aften forget about our
colleagues elsewhere.You might generate your own wave of interest by
simply spelling out your interests and then sitting back to watch who
responds.

Why, for example, did you choose to do Pinter in a community that has
llittle or no history of theatre? What were the reactions to it ? This
is an interesting choice and I would like to know why you chose to move
in this direction. How theatre communities get established has long been
an interest of mine.

We recently did a production of Pinter's review sketches. I think that
the actors here learned a good deal. I wonder what our audience's took
away from it because there was little vocal reaction. There is a picture
on the website linked below (under Production Photographs).

--
Raymond Louter
Redeemer University College

http://www.redeemer.on.ca/academics/theatre/