Alliance Arts Policy

Don Perkins dperkins at GPU.SRV.UALBERTA.CA
Fri Oct 27 14:25:27 EDT 2000

Actually, Guillermo,

        This isn't so much a "no policy" position as a poorly executed
begging of the question, a rhetorical practice designed to hide the fact
the policy is really one of saying "No."  Day's constituency,
provincially, is one of many in Alberta where "community standards" were
and are regularly dragged out as an excuse for censorship or
fright-mongering, and as a club against "inappropriate" public spending on
the arts.
        But, then, Day was part of a provincial government and is leader
of a federal party both of which believe that public money is too valuable
to risk on the public.

Don