Call for Papers: Staging the Pacific Province 2

Sherrill Grace Sherrill.E.Grace at UBC.CA
Thu Sep 14 17:54:16 EDT 2000

{the following sent on behalf of Professor Ron Fedoruk.}

Dear CANADRAMA Subscribers:

Staging the Pacific Province 2:
Theatre in British Columbia

Call for Papers

I am resending the information on Staging the Pacific Province.  Please
note that the deadline for submission of proposals has been extended to
Monday October 2, 2000.

For more information please visit the conference website:
http://bctheatre.ucfv.bc.ca

We encourage participation from a wide variety of disciplines such as
(but not limited to) theatrical history, anthropological studies, B.C.
history, literary criticism and theory, cultural and interdisciplinary
studies, architectural analysis, economics of theatre, theatre training,
and broadcasting/media. Some suggested general areas for panel and
presentation proposals are as follows:

Urban theatre
Rural theatre
First Nations performance and theatre
Amateur theatre
Youth theatre
Women's theatre
Queer theatre
Theatre from the "margins"
Theatre from the mainstream
Non-English language theatre
Theatre from immigrant communities
Theatre education
Practitioners up front and behind the scenes

The conference welcomes research on historical and contemporary
materials, practical as well as theoretical approaches. Performances,
demonstrations, and use of audio-visual materials are particularly
encouraged.

The new deadline for submission of proposals is Monday, October 2, 2000.

We request individual presentation proposals of 250 words maximum, and
panel proposals of 500 words maximum. A volume of essays from the
Conference will be published.

Please send proposals by mail/courier, fax, or e-mail to:

Ronald Fedoruk,
Associate Professor and Head,
Department of Theatre, Film and Creative Writing, UBC
Mail:
6354 Crescent Road,
Vancouver, B.C.  V6T 1Z2
Fax:(604) 822-5985