Canadian Adaptations of Shakespeare

Jennifer L. Ailles canadianshakespeares at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed May 2 16:25:57 EDT 2001

**Apologies For Cross-Posting**

Dear List Members:

As part of an extended research project entitled "Canadian Adaptations of
Shakespeare," directed by Professor Daniel Fischlin (University of Guelph)
and funded by an Ontario Premier's Research Excellence Award, I am currently
helping to compile a bibliographic archive of Canadian theatrical
adaptations of Shakespeare.  In particular, I am looking for information,
especially production details, regarding any and all plays based on
Shakespeare's works that have been written and/or adapted by Canadians.

Our working definition of "adaptation" is broad and includes any usage or
alteration of a Shakespearean work--including stagings, performances, and
any form of reference or revision of Shakespearean source materials.
Similarly, our working definition of "Canadian" is also broad and meant to
be more inclusive than not.

If you or your theatre company have written, adapted, directed, and/or
produced any works that you feel would qualify as Canadian adaptations of
Shakespeare please contact me.

Moreover, if you know someone else who may be able to help with this
request, please do not hesitate to forward this email to them.

Thank you for your attention.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Ailles

Jennifer L. Ailles
Research Associate/PhD Program (University of Rochester)

Canadian Adaptations of Shakespeare
(directed by Professor Daniel Fischlin, University of Guelph; funded by the
Premier's Research Excellence Award, Province of Ontario)

School of Literatures and Performance Studies in English
University of Guelph
Guelph, Ontario
N1G 2W1
Canada