Introducing the UK based Centre for Performance Research (CPR)

Antony Pickthall aop at ABER.AC.UK
Tue May 15 11:50:47 EDT 2001

Dear List,

You may be interested to find out more about the Centre for Performance
Research. Based in Wales, UK. CPR is a membership organization aimed at
theatre professionals, academics and those interested in the very best
international performance. It produces conferences, festivals, performances
and workshop,  and runs a multi-cultural resource centre. Visit our site
www.thecpr.org.uk for more information.

In the coming months we have the following events:

INTERNATIONAL SUMMER SCHOOL – Landscapes of the Senses
7 – 22 July 2001
www.thecpr.org.uk/calendar/senses.html

How do we as artists respond to landscape and engage all the senses?

Exploring the poetics of the senses, and inner and outer landscapes, the
summer school offers the chance to experience new training methods, gain
skills, explore your creativity, devise work that embraces voice, physical
and visual theatre and enjoy the beauty of the landscape.

POINTS OF CONTACT: PERFORMANCE, HOMES AND GARDENS
Friday 27th – Monday 30th July 2001
www.thecpr.org.uk/calendar/poc2000.html

What do the ways in which we engage with domestic space through performance
tell us about the wider cultures in which we live?

How are domestic spaces differently performed within other cultural contexts
and how are the new politics of land and space being refigured today through
the work of artists currently working in homes and gardens around the world?

Engaging with specific public and private sites in Wales, the conference
will explore the relationship between ideas (and ideals) of domestic space
in the old and new worlds and within post-colonial thinking, the
relationship of domestic space as spectacle to ideas about history and
identity, performance as a tool in rethinking the relationship of public and
private space and the relationship of domestic space, art and gender.

Participants can get further information by completing a booking form
available from Elen Chick (email: eec at aber.ac.uk) or visiting the web site.

If you are curious about what we do and would like membership information,
email me.

Thanks for reading this.

CPR - For the curious...opening up worlds of performance

Antony Pickthall
Marketing & Development Director
Centre for Performance Research
6, Science Park