FW: FW: help me with my thesis?!

Denis Johnston drj at SHAWFEST.COM
Fri Nov 16 15:22:40 EST 2001

OK, here's a copy, as requested.

-----Original Message-----
From: Denis Johnston
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2001 3:21 PM
To: 'Katarina Farkas'
Cc: 'Gaetan Charlebois'
Subject: RE: FW: help me with my thesis?!

It's an odd choice to make, it seems to me, to choose a thesis topic as
geographically and dramaturgically specific as this without first
determining whether the research materials exist that would make the
project possible.

I know of no through calendar of performance for British Columbia, even
for partial periods. Two books you might want to get hold of, though
are:
Frontier Theatre by Chad Evans (1983)
Shakespeare in Vancouver, 1889-1918 by Sheila Roberts (1971)

Good luck with it!
Denis Johnston, PhD
Co-Director
The Academy of the Shaw Festival