Playing the Pacific Province

James Hoffman jhoffman at CARIBOO.BC.CA
Wed Jan 23 12:01:43 EST 2002

We wish to introduce a recent publication...

PLAYING THE PACIFIC PROVINCE: AN ANTHOLOGY OF BRITISH COLUMBIA PLAYS,
1967-2000

Edited by Ginny Ratsoy and James Hoffman, published by Playwrights Canada
Press.

This collection contains 17 plays, and includes a general introduction to
BC drama, separate intros to each play, interviews with the playwrights,
production photos, and bibliographies of each work. The plays included in
the collection are: The Ecstasy of Rita Joe (Ryga), Crabdance (Simons),
Babel Rap (Lazarus), The Komagata Maru Incident (Pollock), Billy Bishop
Goes To War (Gray), Horseplay (Anderson), Talking Dirty (Snukal), Last Call
(Panych), Diving (Hollingsworth), Ten Ways to Abuse an Old Woman (Clark),
Under the Skin (Lambert), Skin (Foon), NO' XYA' (Diamond et al.), The Hope
Slide (MacLeod), Mother Tongue (Quan), Sex Is My Religion (Thomas), The
Unnatural and Accidental Women (Clements).

For purchasing information, please contact the Playwrights Union of Canada at:
                http://www.puc.ca/

James Hoffman, Professor of Theatre
Dept. of Visual & Performing Arts
University College of the Cariboo
P.O. Box 3010, Kamloops, British Columbia
Canada, V2C 5N3
Voice 250-828-5315, Fax 250-371-5697
http://www.cariboo.bc.ca/ae/vpa/jhoffman/home.htm