Seeking plays about sexual violence

Kim Solga ksolga at CHASS.UTORONTO.CA
Mon Jun 17 10:27:40 EDT 2002

Hello everyone,

I am currently looking for examples of the following:

1) contemporary plays in English (Canadian, American, British, Irish,
Australian, etc) which turn in whole or in part on an act of sexual violence
committed before the play begins, but which 'returns' in some manner to
haunt the action (cf. _Perfect Pie_, _Rez Sisters_, etc);

2) contemporary plays in English about spousal abuse, especially the abuse
of women considered sexually promiscuous in some way (cf. _Lion in the
Streets_, Barker's _Women Beware Women_, etc); and

3) recent feminist performance art that takes sexual or other forms of
physical violence against women as either its main theme or as a kind of
subtext.

Any ideas from all corners are most welcome.

My thanks in advance, and best wishes for a peaceful summer,

Kim