Congratulations, but . . . .

Patrick O'Neill PONEILL at MSVU1.MSVU.CA
Thu Mar 7 11:05:42 EST 2002

I also wish to offer my congratulations to Professors Innis,Mullaly,
Feral, and Filewod for their SSHRC grants.

I do wish to point out, however, that these awards were made in
April, 2000 -- that is two years ago.  The 2002 competition for
SSHRC grants will be announced next month in April.  My fear is
that those people who submitted applications last October might
have interpreted last week's message as an indication that their
application will not receive funding.  For those who have
applications pending, I advise you to keep the faith and hopefully
there will be additional names to add to the list next month.

Again congratulations to those who received grants in the 2000
competition, and allow me to be he first to congratulation those
who will receve grants next month -- whoever you may be.

Patrick B. O'Neill

Date sent:              Fri, 1 Mar 2002 11:01:22 -0700
Send reply to:          "Anne F. Nothof" <annen at ATHABASCAU.CA>
From:                   "Anne F. Nothof" <annen at ATHABASCAU.CA>
Subject:                SSHRC grants for Canadian theatre
To:                     CANDRAMA at LISTSERV.UNB.CA

SSHRC has announced the following grants to researchers in
Canadian
theatre:

Christopher Innis, York University
Modern theatre, literature and society
$97,260

Edward Mullaly, University of New Brunswick
Altantic Canada Theatre Site
$55,100

Josette Feral, Universite du Quebec a Montreal
Theatralite et performativete dans le theatre actuel de 1970-2000
$69,632

Alan Filewod, University of Guelph
The workers' theatre movement in Canada, 1929-1936
$27,120

Congratulations to all.

Anne Nothof

___
    This communication is intended for the use of the recipient to
whom it
    is addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and or
    privileged information. Please contact us immediately if you are
not
    the intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy,
    distribute, or take action relying on it. Any communications
received
    in error, or subsequent reply, should be deleted or destroyed.
---