Encyclopedia News

Gaetan Charlebois gaetan_charlebois at VIDEOTRON.CA
Thu Oct 10 17:49:42 EDT 2002

Hello all

I am no in the process of doffing all of my responsibilities for the
encyclopedia and handing off things to Anne Nothof and the University of
Athabasca.

The simple explanation is that the work was becoming overwhealming, the
tasks increasingly thankless and the insults more frequent. (Even now I am
in a war of e-mails with a bozo who doesn't like that I use "actor" for all
of them - male and female.) Also, Canoe is trying to terminate its lease
contract with me which means that the massive site would have been an orphan
so I would have been making updates to no avail until the project found a
home.

Anne Nothof and I have had a magnificent working relationship almost since
the site was created. She is directly responsible for keeping the Alberta
section of the site current and interesting, she had contributed reviews,
info and profiles at a steady pace since forever and I couldn't be more
confident about canadiantheatre.com's future if I handling it myself.

It's been a wonderful ride and most of you have been both a great help and
great friends but for what is, for all intents and purposes, volunteer work
the abuse about this or that profile or this or that turn of phrase was just
too much.

So please: any help you might have provided me, please offer Anne and her
people in the future. This is an important thing and it must continue.

Cheers and goodbye

Gaetan Charlebois (founding editor, The Encyclopedia of Canadian Theatre on
the WWW; canadiantheatre.com)