Fw: FEMFEST Call for scripts

Rebecca Burton becca_burton3 at HOTMAIL.COM
Wed Nov 26 00:21:01 EST 2003

Hello

For any interested parties, below is a call for one-act scripts for
Sarasvati's FemFest 2004.

Cheers,

Rebecca

> Please Forward
>
> CALL FOR SCRIPTS AND PROPOSALS
>
> FEMFEST 2004: A Festival of One-Act Plays by Women
>
> Sarasvàti Productions is proud to announce that their second FemFest will
take place in the fall of 2004.  The festival will run from October 22-30th
in Winnipeg.  The inaugural FemFest took place in June 2003 and featured the
presentation of six one-act plays by Canadian women playwrights, a staged
reading of a new play in development and several workshops.  We will be
building on the success of the initial festival and plan to mix original
productions with presentations of staged work by other companies.  We are
currently seeking submissions of scripts, proposals of work in progress, or
finished productions ready for presentation.  Subject matter is wide open,
as long as the piece is written by a Canadian female playwright and has a
running time of no more than one hour.  Technical and set requirements must
be minimal due to the festival nature of the project.  A reading committee
will assess submissions for their individual quality and in order to program
a balanced festival.  Each selected playwright will be paid an honorarium
and offered the opportunity to work with a dramaturge in order to further
develop the script.

> Please include:
>
> 1. A cover letter
> -expressing why you feel your project should be a part of FemFest 2004
> -detailing any production history of the script
> -specifying whether you are submitting a finished script, a work in
progress, or a completed piece that has been produced and will simply be
available for presentation

> 2. Include one copy of the script or detailed script proposal.
>
> 3. Specify if you would like to receive a copy of the reading committee's
comments.

> 4. If it is a production being offered for presentation please include
press clippings, videotape, photos or other material documenting the
production; as well as a clear list of requirements and fee expectation.