Canadian Women Directors

rknowles at UOGUELPH.CA rknowles at UOGUELPH.CA
Fri Apr 23 13:28:00 EDT 2004

Hi,

Off the top if my head, there's Sarah Stanley, who is now working at Magnetic
North. I don't know whether Kate Lynch identifies as a feminist, but she did
an all woman version of A Midsummer Night's Dream at Passe Muraille a couple
of years back. Svetlana Zylin would probably apply, but she passed away. And
of course I don't know whether Diana Leblanc identifies as feminist, but she's
done many, many canonical texts--and there are a number of other women, from
Marti Maraden through Martha Henry to Glenys Leyishon, who I suspect don't
identify as feminist, but I don't know. In Quebec there are many others, such
as Martine Beaulne and Lorraine Pintal, but you may be focusing on English
language productions.

Hope this helps,

Ric