Canadian Women Directors

Kathleen Gallagher kgallagher at OISE.UTORONTO.CA
Fri Apr 23 18:56:32 EDT 2004

Sarah Ferguson <saferguson at telus.net> writes:
Hello Sarah:
I'd add a few Toronto-based feminist directors to Ric's good list.
Alissa Palmer (former artistic director of Nightwood Theatre), Kelly
Thorton (current AD of Nightwood), Ann-Marie MacDonald, Banuta Rubess,
Kate Lushington and Djanet Sears.
All the best,
Kathleen
>Dear Listserv subscribers:
>
>I am a PhD student in Theatre at the University of British Columbia. I am
>starting my thesis research into Canadian Women directors and am looking
>for ones that define themselves as feminists and who have directed
>canonical texts (Ibsen, Williams, Shaw, Beckett, etc.). My intention is
>to interview these directors about their process in general and then as
>specifically explored within a production of a canonical text. The
>commitment of these volunteers would be their time for the interview and
>copies of anyL documentation of the specific production that they would
>feel comfortable sharing.
>
>If you know of anyone who may be interested in this project, could you
>please either pass along their contact information to me or conversely my
>email address to them ([ mailto:saferguson at telus.net
>]saferguson at telus.net) .
>
>Thank you so much for your help.
>
>Cheers
>Sarah Ferguson

Kathleen Gallagher, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Ontario Institute for Studies in Education of the University of Toronto
Department of Curriculum, Teaching and Learning
252 Bloor Street West
Toronto, Ontario M5S 1V6
Telephone: 416 923-6641 ext. 2015
Fax: 416 926-4744