Chinese and Asian Theatre in Canada

Ric Knowles rknowles at UOGUELPH.CA
Fri Dec 17 22:45:12 EST 2004

Hi,

The closest I can come is an Asian Canadian company run by Nina Aquino (a
Filipina Canadian director) in Toronto (who has directed Betty Quan's *Mother
Tongue*, part of which is in Cantonese). She can be reached through (how's this
for interculturalism/transculturalism/globalization?) Native Earth, where she
also works as an administrator. Other than that, perhaps the West Coast is the
best bet...

Cheers,

Ric

Quoting Moira Day <moiraday at DUKE.USASK.CA>:

> Hi everyone,
>         I have a student who was wondering if there were any theatre
> companies or training programs in Canada that specialized in Chinese and/or
> Asian Theatre, and worked in Mandarin or Cantonese dialect in particular.
> We have a student graduating from our program this spring who is interested
> in doing further acting or directing work in this area
>         Any information I could pass on to him in this regard would be much
> appreciated.
> Moira

Ric Knowles
Professor of Theatre Studies