THANK YOU & OUR GOOD WISHES FOR THE SEASON AND 2005.

Angela Rebeiro publisher at PLAYWRIGHTSCANADA.COM
Mon Dec 20 20:13:21 EST 2004

On behalf of the board and staff, Playwrights Canada Press thanks you
for your support in the past year.
That support has come from some of you who've edited collections; those
of you who've put our titles on your  teaching list and those
of you who've answered requests and provided help and advice in many
ways.

Overall we've had a fairly decent year in sales and various
recognitions.  Florence Gibson, Home is the Road, won the Carol Bolt
Award;
Robert Chafe, Michael Healey and Mieko Ouchi were nominated for the GG
literary awards for their plays Robert Chafe: Two Plays; Rune Arlidge
and
The Red Priest respectively. Djanet Sears was the third ever playwright
to be nominated for the Ontario Trillium Award, now 17 years on the go.
Her play The Adventures of a Black Girl in Search of God, 18 months
later is now in its second printing.  We have reprinted last year's GG
winner Einstein's Gift for the third time,  and Staging Coyotes Dream,
edited by Monique Mojica and Ric Knowles is the only collection
published to date that we have had to reprint, now for the second time,
and it continues to sell well, thanks to those of you who've listed it
on courses.

My colleague Betony Main, our production Editor Jodi Armstrong, and our
Bookkeeper Mirk Zivanovic-Kosciuk wish you all a very joyous season,
and good health and success at whatever you do in 2005.  Take care of
you whatever you do.

The office is closed from December 24, 2004 to January 3rd 2005
inclusive.

Angela Rebeiro