Moliere's Comedie-Francaise in Canada!

Peter D. Smith psmith at NBNET.NB.CA
Thu May 20 20:13:04 EDT 2004

Of interest to those of you enthused about theatre history [coming alive!]...

Moliere's theatre company, La Comedie-Francaise, will be performing his
best-known work (as an example of French farce) --Le malade imaginaire-- in
Saint John, NB, Canada this June.

As far as we know, this is the first time that LCF has performed a full
production in North America (they are also playing in NYC and Chicago);
this is certainly the first time in Saint John.

the performance is in French, but will have English sur-titles.

Friday, June 25 @ 8pm and Saturday, June 26 @ 3pm at Imperial
Theatre.  Tickets are $100.

For more info, see the Imperial Theatre website at
www.imperialtheatre.nb.ca or write to me directly at psmith at nbnet.nb.ca or
peter at imperialtheatre.nb.ca

We are very excited and honoured to be hosting this event at Imperial
Theatre; it is very appropriate that these performances are being done to
help celebrate the 400th anniversary of Acadie--especially since Saint John
itself (and its river) are so named because Samuel-de-Champlain arrived
here on St-John-the Baptist [St. Jean Baptiste] Day in 1600-odd.  St. J day
is June 24.

Please feel free to contact me for more info, and to pass this along to any
friends who may be interested.

Thanks!

Peter D. Smith
Imperial Theatre
<and a lighting designer who hardly ever gets a chance to do so anymore,
because of admin duties!>