UPDATE: Stanislavski and Directing: Theory, Practice, Influence,,An International Conference

Luella Massey l.massey at UTORONTO.CA
Sun Feb 27 20:24:48 EST 2005

Conference UPDATE:

Stanislavski and Directing: Theory, Practice, Influence

An International Conference

Presented by Acadia University and the Graduate Centre for Study of
Drama, University of Toronto

January 20-21, 2006

Key-note speaker announced: CHARLES MAROWITZ

We are pleased to announce that distinguished director and author
Charles Marowitz will be a highlight of the international theatre
conference, “Stanislavski and Directing: Theory, Practice, Influence,”
to be held at the Robert Gill Theatre, Graduate Centre for Study of
Drama, University of Toronto, January 20-21, 2006.

Our conference will bring together scholars and artists from various
parts of the world to explore the principles, practices and influences
of Constantin Stanislavski on the art of directing.

We welcome proposals for individual research papers and complete panels
on any and all aspects of Stanislavski’s historic system as it pertains
to directing

The deadline is March 15, 2005.

Submissions should include detailed abstracts, institutional affiliation
and complete contact information.

All submissions will be acknowledged and acceptance confirmed by April
1, 2005.

Please direct all enquiries and proposals to anna.migliarisi at acadiau.ca
<mailto:anna.migliarisi at acadiau.ca>

Conference Co-conveners: Anna Migliarisi, Acadia University and John
Astington, Director, Graduate Centre for Study of Drama, University of
Toronto