Call For Papers

Jamie Skidmore skidmore at MUN.CA
Thu May 5 18:52:09 EDT 2005

Please circulate this call for papers to your friends and colleagues.

CALL FOR PAPERS

 MAGNETIC FORCES

 The Drama Specialization and the Performance and Communications Media
Diploma of Memorial University of Newfoundland, in association with the
Magnetic North Theatre Festival, will be hosting a theatre conference
from June 27th to
June 29th, 2006.

The Magnetic Forcestheatre conference is being held in conjunction with
the Magnetic North Theatre Festival, taking place in St. John’s,
Newfoundland between June 28 and July 8, 2006.  We invite a range of
papers concentrating on innovations in writing, playwriting, directing,
designing, performing, critiquing, and training in Canadian Theatre in
English. We especially encourage papers and panels in the following
areas:

 •      Performance creation
•       Advancements and innovations in theatre
•       Teaching design – methods and methodology
•       Design motivated dramaturgy
•       Reinventing the established text
•       Script creation and creativity
•       Contemporary critical practices

 Abstracts should be no longer than 200 words in length and should
include a title, complete contact information, and any professional or
institutional affiliations. Panel proposals should also include the
proposed title of the session, a primary contact, information on the
panellists, and abstracts for each presenter.

 We especially encourage submissions from graduate students in related
fields.

Please submit your abstracts and panel proposals to Professor Denyse
Lynde via e-mail at: dlynde at mun.ca

Or via regular mail at:

Memorial University of Newfoundland
Department of English