Theatre Museum Canada goes to the EX!

Michael Wallace mwallace at THEATREMUSEUMCANADA.CA
Thu Aug 31 10:05:28 EDT 2006

I thought this might be of interest
-Mike Wallace (Theatre Museum Canada)

August 24, 2006 (For immediate release)

Contact:          Michael Wallace,

                        Executive Director, Theatre Museum Canada

                        416-413-7847

                        info at TheatreMuseumCanada.ca

THEATRE MUSEUM CANADA GOES TO THE EX!

Toronto -  Theatre Museum Canada is delighted to be working with the Toronto Alliance for the Performing Arts on TAPA's annual booth at the CNE.

"This booth is a bit like a rehearsal for us." says Theatre Museum Executive Director Mike Wallace  ".it features set models, masks and costumes from past productions - along with graphics and video content from the upcoming theatre season. The workshops allow audience members to experience some of the creative processes behind making theatre. These are all  the sorts of things that we plan to do with our museum. Of course we want to run things for longer than 18 days a year - and in a space bigger than 25 feet by 25 feet!"

"We were delighted that TAPA asked us to participate in their booth at this year's CNE. It's partnerships like this that will bring our vision for a museum into reality," says Theatre Museum Canada Board President Kate Barris.

The 2006 CNE runs to September 4. The TAPA Booth is open from 10:00am to 10:00pm in the Arts, Crafts and Hobbies Pavilion. It features set designs by Stephan Droege, masks from The Lorraine Kimsa Theatre for Young People, and costumes on loan from the National Ballet of Canada, Mirvish Productions, Video Cabaret and Opera Atelier. Dates for workshops highlighting stage combat, stage make-up and stage undergarments are August 19, 23, 26 and 30.

About Theatre Museum Canada

Theatre Museum Canada seeks to share the wonder of Canada's rich theatre legacy with Canadians and theatre enthusiasts everywhere.

Besides its growing collection, programs include temporary EXHIBITS , its LEGEND LIBRARY oral history project featuring R.H. Thomson interviewing Canadian theatre luminaries and THEATRE MUSEUM GOES BACKSTAGE  panels highlighting the creative processes of theatre.

Our digital archives of these 2 programmes can be accessed at our online home, www.TheatreMuseumCanada.ca.

For further information or media enquiries, please call 416-413-7847

-30-