Iraqi academics / server problems and solutions . . .

Denis Salter denis.salter at MCGILL.CA
Sat Feb 4 12:41:50 EST 2006

Dear Colleagues,

I have received an email from Dirk Andriaensens of the Executive Committee of the BRussells Tribunal.  The http://www.petitiononline.com/Iraqacad/petition.html server is up and down and there is nothing they can do about it.  They suggest that people keep trying.  Alternatively, it would seem that it is all right to sign the petition through a link from http://www.brusselstribunal.org  This site provides information about the Tribunal, shedding light on their various activities and their ideological positions.

Denis Salter.

"When a people forget a language, they forfeit the heart of who they
are and the ability to comprehend the stories that are central to their
cultural, spiritual and emotional health."--Keren Rice.
"That's what hybrids were invented for: survival in changing ecologies."--Lisa Doollittle
"To celebrate this award, and the work it recognizes of those around the world, let me recall the words of Gandhi: 'My life is my message.' Also, plant a tree."  Wangari Maathai, winner of the 2004 Nobel Prize for Peace.

Denis Salter
Professor of Theatre
McGill University
853 Sherbrooke St. West