Patrick O'Neill Scholarship

Richard Plant rplant at SYMPATICO.CA
Wed May 10 10:18:59 EDT 2006

Hello All:

Like others who have expressed their sadness at Patrick's passing and their indebtedness to him as a scholar and friend, I too owe Patrick a great deal. I cannot count the times he answered questions from me, or helped students in my classes with research when I suggested they contact him, or the number of times he was there as a friend and colleague in other instances.

I doubt that there was anyone else who knew more about theatre in Canada than Patrick, or who was as generous in sharing that enormous knowledge.

I want to remind people of the scholarship set up at Mount Saint Vincent University in Patrick's name.

Richard

Richard Plant
Professor Emeritus, Graduate Centre for Study of Drama
Unversity of Toronto
and
Professor Emeritus, Queen's University