Staged representations of amateur theatre practice?

Robin Whittaker robin.whittaker at UTORONTO.CA
Thu Nov 30 15:33:17 EST 2006

Hi Everyone,

I am looking for Canadian-written plays that include a
play-within-a-play that might be referred to as "amateur" (as one
could refer to the Mechanicals' endeavours in _A Midsummer Night's
Dream_, for example). The term may refer to the personnel involved in
the play and/or the conditions of production (or the resultant
aesthetic, I suppose). In other words, I am looking for staged
representations of amateur theatre practice in Canada.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please respond off-list
to robin.whittaker at utoronto.ca.

Best,
Robin.

--