Anthologies

Doug Buchanan dbuchanan at DAWSONCOLLEGE.QC.CA
Fri Oct 20 10:23:15 EDT 2006

I also use the (now) Wadsworth Anthology although it has some very real
problems. It is weak on Canadian material - both in quantity and choices,
but it also poorly represents Restoration and Roman comedy is nowhere to be
found along with it's source: Menander. While I realize that VERY few good
plays were written between 1700 and 1879, surely one (Sherdidan?, Gay?)
could be included. However, it's the best I've found.

Dr. D. Buchanan
Dawson College

Festina Tarde