Extended Deadline November 10: CFP FOOT 2007 Dissolving Borders

Luella Massey l.massey at UTORONTO.CA
Mon Oct 30 20:05:51 EST 2006

Please forward and note our extended deadline.

*
*

*
*

*2007 Festival of Original Theatre:  Dissolving Borders*

Graduate Centre for Study of Drama,

University of Toronto.

February 15-18, 2007

We invite papers and artistic presentations that examine themes
surrounding intercultural performance for the 2007 Festival Of Original
Theatre:  Dissolving Borders.  This conference and performance based
festival sets out to interrogate the concept of intercultural
performance by creating a forum for discussion between theatre
practitioners and the academic community while addressing the ever-
expanding definition of culture and the question of what constitutes a
cultural group in theatre.

Topics may include, but are not limited to:

_    Intercultural performance in Canada.

_    Defining Culture:  What constitutes a cultural group in theatre.

_    Case Studies on Intercultral theatrical process and the performance
of difference.

_    Multi versus  (or in relation to) Inter culturalism- as well as
issues of intra and trans culturalism.

_    The constructions and contestations of difference in theatre/
performance.

_    Borders/ liminal spaces in intercultural theatre.

_    Pedagogical/ practical strategies for considering cultural
plurality and understanding diversity.

The Dissolving Borders conference and festival provides a forum for
scholars and artists to engage in discussion through papers,
performances, talk -backs and panels.  We encourage submissions from
graduate students.

If you are interested in proposing a paper or presentation please send a
200-250 word abstract by November 10, 2006

Submissions may be sent by

1.      e-mail to:  foot.graddrama at utoronto.ca

2.      mail:     2007 Festival of Original Theatre: Dissolving Borders

Graduate Centre for Study of Drama

University of Toronto

214 College St.

Toronto, ON