employment resources

Rebecca Burton becca_burton3 at HOTMAIL.COM
Sun Sep 3 15:38:20 EDT 2006

Hello Sam (et al)

There is a website/service for all different kinds of jobs in the United Kingdom (and sometimes jobs in other European countries are posted as well).

Try http://www.jobs.ac.uk

Best,

Rebecca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Sam Stedman
  To: CANDRAMA at LISTSERV.UNB.CA
  Sent: Saturday, September 02, 2006 9:01 AM
  Subject: employment resources

  Hello Candrama community.

  As I near the end of my doctoral studies, I am beginning the search for tenure-track work.  Thus far, I have relied mainly on this very listserv, along with a targeted list of HR sites at various institutions.  Now, however, I would like to geographically expand my search, and have found a smattering of resources for those seeking English speaking employment internationally.  I'm sure I'm not the only one who has, or will, go through this process.

  So, here's my pitch.  If you know of any useful resources other than those listed below for those seeking English speaking teaching posts, I'd very much welcome your input.  I'm especially lacking non-North American resources.  Once I've compiled a final list, I'll send it out to the list for the benefit of all those seeking academic work both at home, and abroad.  Perhaps this is something that could also be posted to the ACTR website (wink, wink.nudge, nudge.).

  Here's my current list:

  Academic 360

  Chronicle Careers Online

  Academic Careers Online