[Fwd: CanLit in BC secondary schools]

Glen F. Nichols glen.nichols at UMONCTON.CA
Thu Dec 13 13:07:04 EST 2007

Thank you for forwarding this initiative, Kathy. I hope many contribute.
I have written  a note to Jean Baird applauding the initiative but also
encouraging her to considering including Canadian DRAMA in the list of
genres to be included in secondary school reading lists....

Glen

President, CATR/ACRT
Département d'anglais
Université de Moncton
Moncton, N.-B.   E1A 3E9
Tél: (506) 863-2017; Fax: (506) 858-4166

>>> Kathy Chung <kchung at CHASS.UTORONTO.CA> 2007-12-13 01:33 >>>
Hello All,

Thought you might like to see this. It's a request for the support for
a change in the English Language Arts curriculum in BC high schools to
include more Canadian literature (see details below). I checked with
Jean Baird and she is collecting messages of support from individuals
and organizations both within and outside BC.

IMPORTANT: If you are interested in supporting the initiative, please
send your replies to Ms Baird, not to me or the discussion list.

cheers,

Kathy Chung