MOFA - a new performing arts journal

Leanore Lieblein leanore.lieblein at MCGILL.CA
Fri Mar 9 09:55:37 EST 2007

Dear Colleagues,
The following launch of a new journal sent by Avi Oz of the University
of Haifa, may be of interest to members of Candrama.
--Leanore Lieblein

Call for papers
This is a call for papers for a new, peer-refereed electronic journal,
MOFA, to be launched in autumn 2007 by IATR, the Israeli Association of
Theatre Research. MOFA ("performance" in Hebrew) will be devoted to the
publication of refereed articles in English, covering all areas of the
Performing Arts. It will be issued by IATR, the association of
researchers of theatre and performance from all Higher Education
Institutes in Israel which grant academic degrees in theatre. In
accordance with IATR's agenda, MOFA , as its written organ, will aspire
to artistic and academic excellence. It will be a vehicle of expression
for all artists, creators and academics, representing the range of
affiliations and concerns embodied in the performing arts and their
research. As an international publication, it will give platform to
articles from around the world, with a special interest in articles
that build bridges between artists and researchers of art and culture
in the troubled area where it is published. We will regard as one of
our major tasks the enhancement of dialogue, joint projects, and
discussions that further the prospects for peace and mutual
understanding between individuals, communities and peoples; while
respecting alterity and multi-vocal approaches to performing arts and
culture, and what they represent in and for humanity. The advisory
board already committed to accompany the new publication (please see
above), will help assure that this new publication maintains high
standards. We welcome all local and international theatre and
performance scholars and practitioners and urge you to contribute the
fruits of your work to our new magazine. Submission deadline for the
first issue (due September 2007) is: May 15th, 2007. Please address all
queries, and submit papers, in electronic version, edited according to
MLA style sheet, 2003 version, to mofaed at gmail.com

Leanore Lieblein,
Past Professor of English
McGill University