FW: Theatre design exhibition opens at the V&A today

Michael Wallace mwallace at THEATREMUSEUMCANADA.CA
Tue Nov 20 09:47:58 EST 2007

While I was quite fond of the old THEATRE MUSEUM space in Covent Garden, I
am glad to see that the V&A is following through on its plan to make its
collection accessible and am keen to hear from anyone who visits the new
space.

-Mike

Michael Wallace,
Executive Director,
Theatre Museum Canada
www.TheatreMuseumCanada.ca

Sent by: Victoria and Albert Museum
Reply to the sender
<http://vam.pmailuk.com/bnmailweb/f?cide=AaYwz0EjYP1s2zAIOw>
<http://vam.pmailuk.com/bnmailweb/raf?ide=AV9KkKj7H203Nuq4ax3yB-pzBWE3>
Forward to a friend

  <http://images.patronmailuk.com/bnmailemailimages/28/6140/header_1.jpg>

SPECIAL THEATRE ENEWSLETTER

Spectacular theatre design display opens at the V&A today

New theatre events programme

New Theatre Collections website launched
New permanent theatre and performance galleries planned
Theatre Collections' research facilities remain open as before

Get the right V&A information for you

The Theatre Collections have moved the V&A South Kensington - full details
about how you can now enjoy the Theatre Collections are given here. You have
been sent this enewsletter because you were previously on the V&A Theatre
Museum's email list.

Spectacular theatre design display opens at the V&A today

 <http://vam.pmailuk.com/bnmailweb/ct?d=AUYXEgAuAAH-----AAAX-A> Dog in the
Manger, RSC, Stratford-upon-Avon, 2004. Designer Es Devlin. Photograph by
Ellie Kurttz

Dog in the Manger, RSC, Stratford-upon-Avon, 2004. Designer Es Devlin.
Photograph by Ellie Kurttz

Collaborators: UK Design For Performance 2003-2007
21 November 2007 - 18 November 2008

>From pantomime and drama to opera and dance, in the UK and abroad, this free
display at V&A South Kensington brings together the work of over 100 of
Britain's most creative theatre designers recognised worldwide for their
skills and innovative designs. On display are designs by Paul Brown, Richard
Hudson and Ralph Koltai, three of the most internationally acclaimed set
designers of recent years.

Including costumes, puppets, drawings, photographs, models of stage sets and
interactive digital presentations, this display highlights the collaborative
nature of theatre design.

Admission free

 <http://vam.pmailuk.com/bnmailweb/ct?d=AUYXEgAuAAH-----AAAX-A> Find out
more about Theatre displays and exhibitions

New theatre events programme

 Storytelling workshop
<http://images.patronmailuk.com/bnmailemailimages/28/6140/articles_2.jpg>

Storytelling workshop

There is also a new programme of practical workshops, events and activities
for students of all ages starting at the V&A. These workshops use examples
of current practice and material from the collections and provide a unique
starting point to discover the story, both past and present, of the
performing arts in the UK.

For details and booking, please email tmgroups at vam.ac.uk

New Theatre Collections website launched

 <http://vam.pmailuk.com/bnmailweb/ct?d=AUYXEgAuAAP-----AAAX-A> Daniel
Radcliffe in Equus, Gielgud Theatre, 2007
Daniel Radcliffe in Equus, Gielgud Theatre, 2007
Theatre Collections Online is a new website which allows you to explore
areas of the V&A's Theatre Collections including drama, dance, musical
theatre, stage design, black performance, circus and stage history among
others.

Online resources include images, video clips, audio interviews, learning
packs, research guides, reading lists and much more. Over the coming years,
the website will develop as a major resource for the performing arts.

 <http://vam.pmailuk.com/bnmailweb/ct?d=AUYXEgAuAAP-----AAAX-A> Visit the
Theatre Collections Online

New permanent theatre and performance galleries planned

 Talk of the Town, London Hippodrome, 1962
<http://images.patronmailuk.com/bnmailemailimages/28/6140/articles_6.jpg>

Talk of the Town, London Hippodrome, 1962

Work is underway for new galleries at the V&A devoted to theatre and
performance. The galleries will explore the process of performance, from the
moment of inspiration, to the design process and realisation, right through
to the verdict of critics and audience. They will feature highlights from
the V&A's extensive holdings of costumes, set models, designs and posters
covering everything from baroque to rock and pop.  The new galleries are due
to open in 2009

Theatre Collections' research facilities remain open as before

 <http://vam.pmailuk.com/bnmailweb/ct?d=AUYXEgAuAAT-----AAAX-A> The White
Album, Nottingham Playhouse, 2006. Photograph by Nathan Rose
The White Album, Nottingham Playhouse, 2006. Photograph by Nathan Rose

The Theatre Collections' reading room at Blythe House, London W14 is open to
researchers as before. The archive - the UK's national collection for the
performing arts - includes designs, photographs, books, video recordings and
ephemera. Visiting is by appointment only, and early booking is recommended
(allow at least a week's notice).

For infomation or to make an appointment email
<mailto:tmenquiries at vam.ac.uk> tmenquiries at vam.ac.uk

 <http://vam.pmailuk.com/bnmailweb/ct?d=AUYXEgAuAAT-----AAAX-A> Further
details on the Theatre Collections' Reading Room at Blythe House

Get the right V&A information for you

We hope that you'll like to keep receiving information by email about the
V&A and the Theatre Collections.

If you stay on our list, you'll receive a general enewsletter every month,
featuring news about exhibitions, new galleries, events, offers and
competitions. As we know you are interested in the Theatre Collections,
we'll also send you special information about theatre and
performance-related activities.

If you are also interested in events for families or want to know more about
the events and courses that we offer, click on the update preferences link
below and sign up for our families epostcard or events and courses
enewsletter.

If you don't want to remain on our list, just click on the SecureUnsubscribe
link below.

We look forward to seeing you at the V&A soon

This e-mail was sent from Victoria and Albert Museum
Immediate removal with PatronMailR
SecureUnsubscribe
<http://vam.pmailuk.com/bnmailweb/uss?ide=AV9KkKj7H203Nuq4ax3yB-pzBWE3> .
To forward this e-mail to a friend or colleague, use this link
<http://vam.pmailuk.com/bnmailweb/raf?ide=AV9KkKj7H203Nuq4ax3yB-pzBWE3> .

To change your e-mail address or update preferences, use this link
<http://vam.pmailuk.com/bnmailweb/setup?pide=AaHW8OxuEL1YsBdkwA> .