Theatre Museum/ Youth event

Michael Wallace mwallace at THEATREMUSEUMCANADA.CA
Thu Jun 12 12:18:07 EDT 2008

Dear colleagues-

As you may have seen in our latest newsletter, Theatre Museum Canada is
working with Soulpepper Theatre and the Luminato Festival for our next
THEATRE MUSEUM GOES BACKSTAGE panel event.

On Saturday, June 14, Theatre Museum Canada and the Young Centre will be
exploring
"Theatre For and By Youth" as part of Luminato at the Distillery.

We will be discussing topics related to creating theatre that is relevant to
youth and reflective of the world around us. Our panel participants are
active contributors to the arts community and include:

Moderator: Paula Wing - Soulpepper Associate Artist, Playwright, and Arts
Educator for numerous schools, community groups and arts organizations
Marjorie Chan, Crossing Gibraltar (Cahoots Theatre Projects' training
program for young refugees and newcomers)
Nation Cheong, Youth Challenge Fund
Miriam Fernandes, Mad Hatter Theatre
Beth Wong, Soulpepper Youth Leader

Join us as we discuss "Theatre For and By Youth" and be ready to jump in and
share your own thoughts when we open the discussion to the floor, or during
the brief reception that follows.

Time: 2pm - 4pm
Location: RBC Studio @ The Young Centre for the Performing Arts

Complimentary admission.

Please let me know if you'd like me to put a seat aside for you.

Feel free to invite friends and family that you think might be interested -
and to forward this email to anyone you think might like to know about this
event.

Thanks again for your interest in Theatre Museum Canada.

I can also put you directly onto our mailing list if you would prefer.

Best wishes

-Michael Wallace
Executive Director
Theatre Museum Canada