James Reaney

David Eden david.eden at UTORONTO.CA
Fri Jun 13 15:48:40 EDT 2008

I am sorry to have to report to everyone that playwright and theatrical
pioneer James Reaney died on June 11th.  I have only just found out
today and wanted the listserv to know as soon as possible.  As far as I
am concerned, I feel this should be national news but, alas, it may not
be reported in all areas of the country.

Here is the obituary from the London Free Press:

*REANEY*
REANEY James Crerar Reaney, peacefully at Marian Villa, Mount Hope
Centre, London, on Wednesday, June 11, 2008, in his 82nd year. Survived
by his wife Colleen Thibaudeau; his son James Stewart Reaney and his
wife Susan Wallace of London and their daughter Elizabeth Wallace Reaney
in Seoul, Korea; his daughter Susan Reaney and her husband Ian Chunn and
their daughter Edie Elizabeth Reaney Chunn of Vancouver; his sister
Wilma McCaig and brother Ron Cooke. Predeceased by his son John Andrew
Reaney (1966) and his parents James N. Reaney and Elizabeth Crerar. Our
thanks to the kind and caring staff and fellow residents of Marian
Villa, to the many friends who visited Jamie, and to all who have been
involved in his care. A Celebration of Jamie's life will be held at
Robinson Memorial United Church, 1061 Richmond Street at Sherwood
Avenue, London, on Saturday, June 14 at 2:00 p.m. A day of remembrance
will take place this summer. Cremation will be followed by a private
interment at Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, London. In lieu of flowers, please
consider an act of kindness to someone in need or make a contribution to
a charity of your choice. (www.HarrisFuneralHome.ca)   _VIEW Ad as seen
in The London Free Press_
<http://ads.lfpress.com//classifieds/images/announcements/6c094co2.pdf>
  Published: Jun 13, 2008