CFP ISSEI 2008

Dr Daniel Meyer-Dinkgräfe meyerdinkgrafe at BTOPENWORLD.COM
Sun Mar 23 08:13:26 EDT 2008

The 11thInternational Conference of the International
Society for the Study of European Ideas (ISSEI) will be held from 28 Julyto 2 August 2008, at the University of Helsinki, Helsinki, Finland. See http://issei2008.haifa.ac.il/for the conference website, with details on ISSEI, the conference program andlinks to registration and information on accommodation. The overall conferencetopic for 2008 is Language and the Scientific Imagination.

The conference
is organised around individual workshops (panels) across a wide range of
subject areas and disciplines. Within the section covering Art, Theater, Literature, Culture, Music, I am organising a panel on Scientific / empirical studies oftheatre, literature and the arts

In this workshop
/ panel, we explore examples of completed, ongoing or planned research projects
in which a phenomenon of theatre, literature or the arts has been / will be
subjected to investigation employing the methodology of science. An example is
an empirical psychological study (using questionnaires and measures of saliva
cortisol, heart rate and breathing frequency) comparing two different
approaches to helping stage actors overcome excessive stage fright. We will
discuss what these examples can tell us about the efficacy of science in allowing us to arrive at abetter understanding of phenomena on theatre, literature and the arts.

Please sendabstracts of existing, ongoing or planned projects that meet the remit of theabove workshop description and brief CVs to the me, preferably by email:

Professor DanielMeyer-Dinkgräfe
Lincoln School of Performing Arts
LPAC Building
University of Lincoln, Brayford Pool