Praxis Theatre presents the world premiere adaptation of STRANGER

Bridget MacIntosh macintoshbridget at YAHOO.CA
Sun Jan 18 21:41:19 EST 2009

Below please find details on the latest Praxis Theatre production, STRANGER.
Praxis Theatre is fast becoming one of the most innovative companies on the Toronto independent theatre scene.  We hope you'll be able to come join us for our latest work.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
January 2 – February 8, 2009

MEDIA CONTACT:
Margaret Evans
416-258-0339
margaretevans at praxistheatre.com

Praxis Theatre presents the world premiere of:
STRANGER
In The Outsider (1942), the French author Albert Camus asked: “Is a man’s inability to cry at his mother’s funeral sufficient evidence to condemn him?”

Stranger explores this and other existential dilemmas in a fast-paced ensemble drama that follows Mersault’s incomprehensible murder of a man and his subsequent trial.

Following on the heels of Praxis Theatre’s 2007 Toronto Fringe hit DYAD (5 Stars, “If it bleeds it leads” EYE Magazine), Stranger is the result of three workshops over the past year and half. The product is the world premiere of a new work that re-examines man’s place in a world devoid of meaning. This is Praxis Theatre’s seventh production in five years. Previous hits include The Master and Margarita (Sold Out Performances: Toronto Fringe), Blood of Coward (Toronto Fringe Patron’s Pick: Factory Theatre Mainspace), Steel (Producer’s Pick & Best Original Work: London Fringe and Runner Up – Best Text: Montreal Fringe).

Stranger is directed by Simon Rice (Blood of a Coward ) and features an original score by minimalist experimental composer Alex Olsen.

The ensemble includes Michael Wheeler (The Fort at York), Shaun McComb (3 seasons Stratford Festival), James Murray (Steel), Greta Papageorgiu (I’m Not There, opposite Heath Ledger), Laura Nordin (Pontypool, directed by Bruce McDonald), and Leah Wahl (Desperate Housepets).

More information at www.praxistheatre.com

VENUE:
The Theatre Centre
1087 Queen Street West
Toronto, Canada

Showtimes: January 23rd – February 8th
Tuesdays – Saturdays @ 8pm
Sundays @ 2pm

TICKETS:
$20 “At the Door” and In Advance at (order online: praxistheatre.com)

--30--