Arts in High Risk

Lynette Hunter lhunter at UCDAVIS.EDU
Thu Nov 5 12:47:33 EST 2009

check out Sonja Kuftinec:

    *  Theatre, Facilitation, and Nation Formation in the Balkans and
Middle East. Kuftinec, Sonja, Palgrave Macmillan, Author, 2009.
    * Staging America: Cornerstone and Community-Based Theater. Kuftinec,
Sonja, Southern Illinois University Press, 2003.
    * Violent Reformations: Image Theater with Youth in Conflict Regions:
Kuftinec, Sonja, eds Jisha Menon and Patrick Anderson, Palgrave Macmillan,
Violence Performed, 223-43, 2009.
    * “Gay Muslims and Salty Meat Pies: The Limits of Performing
Community,” : Kuftinec, Sonja, eds Avi Oz and Susan Haedicke, Rodopi Press,
Political Performances, 2009.
    * [How] Does Activist Performance Work?” : Kuftinec, Sonja, Community
Arts Network, 2008. Link
    * “Prose and Cons: Prison Theater in Ma’asiyahu, Israel,”: Kuftinec,
Sonja, Chen Alon, Research in Drama Education , 12:3 275-291, 2007.
    * “Methodologies of Performance Research in the Balkans and
Jerusalem/Al Quds”. Kuftinec, Sonja, Assaph, 2007.
    * 'Go Have Your Life!' Self and Community in Peter Schumann's Bread and
Puppet Theater. Kuftinec, Sonja, Editors James Harding and Cindy Rosenthal,
2003.
    * Bridging Balkan Rapis. Kuftinec, Sonja, Author, 2002. Link
    * Critical Relations in Community-Based Performance: The Artist and
Writer in Conversation: Kuftinec, Sonja, Report for Animating Democracy
Initiative, , 2002. Link
    * A Cornerstone for Rethinking Community Theater. Kuftinec, Sonja, 1996.

 Good Morning!

> Wondering if any of you have first hand experience with successful
> performing arts programs in communities at risk. I'm looking specifically
> for academic documentation that might be used to support the creation of
> such a program.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Tee Schneider
> Sent wirelessly from my BlackBerry device on the Bell network.
> Envoyé sans fil par mon terminal mobile BlackBerry sur le réseau de Bell

Dr Lynette Hunter
Professor of the History of Rhetoric and Performance
Director: UC Multicampus Research Group in International
          Performance and Culture
Chair of the Graduate Group in Performance Studies
University of California Davis
Department of Theatre and Dance
Room 228 Wright Building
Davis, CA 95616