interspecies performance

Alvina Ruprecht aruprech at CCS.CARLETON.CA
Thu Oct 1 00:48:34 EDT 2009

Hello, this is not a recent performance but Romeo Castellucci, an
italian theatre director who was associate director of the Avignon
Festival last summer 2008  , created his own version of the Orestaia
using naked deformed human beings interacting with goats and dogs and
other mammals on stage moving about in a green slimy light, the
UHRschleim of the world as it came into being  through this founding
text.  Most of the text was  grunts and groans and electronic rumblings.
I am sure there is a DVD of it somewhere..
Alvina Ruprecht..