interspecies performance

mark mccutcheon sonicfiction at GMAIL.COM
Wed Oct 7 11:01:59 EDT 2009

To take up Dr Jordao's invitation to extend the interspecies
performance discussion, I'd like to mention the Tissue Culture and Art
project: http://www.tca.uwa.edu.au/

This combined media-performance work doesn't deal with specific, er,
species, but it does incorporate living tissues; for example,
Victimless Leather is a biologically cultured garment designed "to
raise questions about our exploitation of other living beings." It's
also deeply weird.

Broadhurst and Machon's _Performance and Technology_ (Palgrave 2006)
includes an article on the Tissue Culture and Art project.

Hope you find this at least intriguing (if not immediately relevant).

- Dr. Mark A. McCutcheon
Assistant Professor
CLL & MAIS
Athabasca University